Scenkonst Sörmland söker dansare till dansproduktionen Architecture of Violence under 2024.
Verket är en turnerande produktion med tre, fyra dansare varav två från Kanada. Produktionen utvecklas i samarbete mellan Jaberi Dance Theatre från Kanada och Scenkonst Sörmland.
Observera att nedan text är på engelska!
Jaberi Dance Theatre (Canada) is seeking 1 or 2 professional contemporary dance artists for a new work in development that will premiere September 2024 in Sweden–a co-production with Scenkonst Sörmland (Sweden).
We are looking for performers who have a strong combination of physicality and theatricality with experience and/or interest in working with social/political themes. This work involves physical touch and will delve into triggering subject matters. We are interested in dancers who take creative risk, are collaborative and generous in the creation process, and confident working in a traditional model with the choreographer as lead.
Jaberi Dance Theatre is an international and professional company who produces original interdisciplinary productions, dance films and site-specific art, working at the intersection of performance and politics. The company is based in Toronto, Canada, and is led by Artistic Director, Roshanak Jaberi.
This new production in development explores themes of displacement and the impact of architectural violence on the lives of everyday people.
- 25+ years of age
- A minimum of two years professional performance experience
- Strong contemporary dance skills, experience in theatre an asset
- Very comfortable with improvisation and partnering
December 2, 2023 - 10am-3pm - Open Call
December 3, 2023 10am-3pm - Call Back
Dansalliansen, Ryssviksvägen 2, Nacka.
– A three-week creation residency in April 2024 (Dates TBC) (Eskilstuna, Sweden)
– A two-week technical residency from June 18-29, 2024 (in person or virtual)
– A three-week creation residency from August 19 -September 7, 2024 (Eskilstuna, Sweden)
– A four-week tour from September -October 6, 2024 (Regional, Sweden)
Artists must be available for all dates, and will be paid professional rates.
- The audition will begin with a personal warm up followed by a guided group warm up
- Dancers will be led through a series of choreographic and improvisational assignments
- There will be a one hour lunch from noon to 1pm
- Come prepared with a one-minute solo, and feel free to highlight any special skills e.g. vocal abilities, different spoken languages etc.
Registration is required by November 24, 2023 at 5 PM. Please submit the following to Roshanak Jaberi at email@example.com with the subject heading “Audition”:
- A headshot and CV
- 2 short videos highlighting your skills (maximum 3 minutes each)
Only Vimeo or Youtube links will be accepted, please indicate timecode
- Optional: a 250 word cover letter outlining your interest in this project and any relevant skills or experience.
For further information, please contact Scenkonst Sörmlands producer for this project Yvonne Granath.
Prenumerera på vårat nyhetsbrev